In this research guide you will learn how to get a COMPLETE, non-commercial, Statewide list of Assisted Living & Senior Living Facilities Provided by the State of Kansas.
Did you know that there is an easy, NON-COMMERCIAL way to get a list of every single licensed Senior Living facility in Kansas? This includes:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Nursing Facilities
- Residential Care Facilities
- Adult Day Care
& more. Your list will be easy to read, understand, and will also include Inspections Reports. A sample of what this list will look like is as follows:
Kansas’s Safest Facilities:
To get a list like the one above, simply visit the Kansas Department of Aging & Disability Services, where they have a Facility Directory that is free to anyone who wishes to use it. You can rest assured that the facility data provided by this tool is more trustworthy, and up-to-date than most other senior sites out there.
Using the tool involves a few simple steps.
- Open the Facility Directory
- Choose the type of facility you wish to research (I.E. Assisted Living / Residential Care Facilities)
- You may filter your results by City/County or Zip Code by entering that data into the Search Field
Filtering by City
I entered a city name, and from there, the list was compressed to only show those facilities in that City.
After you are comfortable with the list you have, there are a number of things you can do from there. You can click on the Actions button, and that will give you a number of options for your list, including:
- Sorting your list
- Resetting to begin a new search
- Downloading your list
- Changing the number of rows, and formatting
Viewing Facility Details and Inspections Reports
The last column offers a link that allows you to view additional details and data about each facility, including Inspections Reports. Visiting this link, you’ll be greeted to a page that looks similar to this:
There is a lot of information to be had here. You’ll immediately be able to view each facility’s:
- Name, Address and DIRECT Telephone Number
- State ID and Certification Numbers
- Administrator’s Name
- Total Number of Beds
- Bed Types and Numbers (i.e. Nursing Beds, Assisted Living Beds, Home Plus)
- Medicare or Medicaid Certifications
- Profit Status (For or Not for Profit)
- Inspections, Deficiencies and Plans of Correction.
Viewing Inspections Reports, Deficiencies and Plans of Correction for Assisted Living Facilities in Kansas
Once you are at a Facility’s Detail page, you can quickly scan the Reports listed under “Deficiency Reports and Plans of Correction” to see a history of inspections for that facility.
You have a few options with the list that is populated.
- Select the Deficiency Report to view a report of the findings at the facility
- View the Plan of Correction to see the facility’s response to the observations or inspections report
- The 2567B is the Final Report, which you can view
You’ll also be able to see the State ID, Start Date, and Exit Date for the report.
An example of the Deficiency Report would be similar to this:
A sample of a Plan of Correction (POC) would look like this:
A final 2567B Report would look like this (this is the first of several pages)
Additional Sources of Facility Information & Caregiver Support
Another excellent place to research Assisted Living, and other types of Senior Living Facilities is through the Kansas Health Care Association / Kansas Center for Assisted Living.
This is another trustworthy place that you can learn about facility options in your area in Kansas. To do so, go to the Consumer Resources section, where you’ll be able to use their “Find Care in Kansas” tool.
This tool populates an interactive map with facility locations across the State of Kansas, which will look something like this:
Although this list is not as comprehensive as the list found on the KDADS site outlined above, it does provide you with an additional source of facility information.
A unique feature, or inclusion for this site’s data is that includes (if available) the facility’s direct URL/Website address. This is something that almost no other site provides.
You’ll immediately be able to see:
- The Facility’s Name, Address and Phone Number
- Website Address
- Facility Type
- Map of the facility location
These two sites provide essentially everything you will need to research Senior Living Facilities in Kansas safely, and effectively.